Uxbridge, Greater London
£ 15 - £ 18 / Hour
Procurement & Supply Chain - Procurement & Supply Chain
· Job type
Procurement and Supply Chain
· External Reference
What to expect:
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated individual that has a natural ability to prioritise, who will ensure that the client will remain in continuous supply of materials at our network of five manufacturing sites - the key focus here being maximising service, minimising cost. You will need to take pride in what you do, ownership of your development and immediate accountability of your area of responsibility.
You will be one of a Team of 11 reporting into the Materials Planning Manager. As a member of the Materials Planning team, you will be responsible for a specific portfolio of materials that you will manage End-to-End: from the initial stages (as an idea / a bold new innovation) and operationally day-to-day, through to the end of it's lifecycle once a material is due to be delisted.
You will need to have your finger on the pulse to deliver new innovations within the fast paced environment. Our culture thrives on feedback - giving and receiving is where you will grow. Expect fresh ideas and new tools and systems that are in the early stages of implementation.
Stakeholder management will be a pivotal element of your role. Your key stakeholders will include: Manufacturing sites, Suppliers, Procurement, Production Planning, Commercialisation. Key responsibilities include:
· Generation of weekly and period material orders and forecasts and communication to suppliers
· Interpreting the forecast that is created from our weekly planning cycle
· Managing the cost effective phase in and phase out of materials through the supply chain
· Agreeing and monitoring supplier stock levels and production plans
· Tracking working capital of the commodities within the area of responsibility
· Ensuring adequate supplier capacity against long-term material forecasts during routine refreshes of the annual business plan volumes
· Development and routine reviews of supplier operating procedures
· Business Partner with the manufacturing sites and our internal Procurement teams for all matters related to materials and for areas of escalation with your Suppliers
· Dealing with supply issues and coordinating between supplier, manufacturing and supply planning teams
· The constant flow of NPD and materials changes will be monitored by you together with the Commercialisation Project Manager to ensure that our innovations are launched OTIF.
· KPIs: driving actions to keep the write off of materials to less than the targeted values; Ensuring zero impact on finished goods Case-Fill On Time (CFOT), tracking safety stocks and slow moving materials, driving stocks down to strict Working Capital targets
· Master-data checks to ensure flawless execution of finished goods production
· Housekeeping of systems and processes
Skills & Essentials:
· Quick at decision-making within a fast-paced environment
· Great organisation skills and strong attention to detail
· Excellent communication (including presentations) and influencing skills
· A driven self-starter with a thirst for knowledge and hunger to succeed
· Excellent numerical and analytically skills
· Experienced in handling a large change agenda
· Constantly seeking areas for improvement and ways in which to reduce complexity
· A natural networker, building and sustaining a range of working relationships across multiple functions and levels with ease
· Degree educated preferred
· Accomplished user of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Advanced Excel skills (Look up & Reference Tables, Pivot Tables, Financial and Logical Formulae skills essential. Visual Basic Editor skills preferred)
· Knowledge and understanding of SAP MRP processes / DP Planning / SNP and PPDS Planning in APO
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy