Science - Science
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
My client is currently looking to recruit Laboratory Technician Part Time (6 month contract). Hours are 20 hours per week.
Laboratory and equipment cleaning
* Responsible for cleaning floors, walls, ceilings, sinks, lockers and benches in all
assigned areas of the MS&T labs in accordance with the agreed Scope of Work
and weekly rota
* Cleaning of standard laboratory equipment on a monthly basis as per the process
detailed in company SOPs eg. Biological Safety Cabinets, Incubators,
* Management of glasswashing process and quality checks. Ensuring glass is
washed correctly and supplied back to the customers in a safe and timely manner
* Running and maintenance of the autoclave as required by the MS&T team.
Ensuring performance checks are completed and the autoclave is used in a safe
and compliant manner
* Management of waste streams in the laboratory and change areas
* Replenishment of consumables for the wash stations
* Laundry management
* Setting up egg incubations and completion of associated paperwork to meet SOP
* Washing of egg trays and cleaning of Jamesway incubator
* Egg waste disposal. Egg candling, harvesting and innoculation (using both manual
and automated methodology) on request from MS&T team
* Management of customer requests and tracking of status of eggs throughout the
end to end process in order to meet regulatory and customer requirements
* Ensures all assigned training is completed within timelines stated
* Provides a professional level of customer service, building relationships, seeking
feedback and making suggestions for continual improvement of the client service
* Works with AZ to investigate deviations from SLAs and provides information
required for any investigation
* Assists the clients stores team by identifying any stock issues within the laboratory
ensuring our broader service offering is maintained
* Proactively identifies and implements efficiency and process improvements
* Reports on KPIs, relevant metrics, SLAs and completion of weekly/monthly tasks
* Participates in service audits and supports the implementation of actions
* Looks for cost savings/avoidance and reports back to Lab Services Team Lead
* Actively participates in weekly team meetings
Skills, knowledge & competencies
* Experience of carrying out laboratory technician activities (or a similar role) in a
timely manner and to the correct standards.
* Proven willingness to work flexibly in a team with minimal direct supervision.
* Proven ability to take on new activities in an efficient manner and to support and
train (where required) others to a level of competency consistent with the role.
* Ability to
* Excellent communicator at all levels and enjoys working as part of a team.
* Proficient in data capture, analysis and reporting utilising various IT systems.
* Willingness to work overtime if required to help deliver the service during periods of
* Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest and attention to detail are key for
This opportunity not only offers the chance to work in a dynamic growing team but also
in a company that is looking to expand in an exciting area of research. This position
also offers a competitive salary and benefits package,
To apply to this role please ring James on 01512435900 or email
Adecco aim to respond to all applicants, however due to the large number of applications we recieve this may not always be possible. Should you not recieve a response within five working days please accept this as notice that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy