£ 22500 - £ 32000 / Year
HR, Sales and Management - HR Adviser
· Job type
· External Reference
Manage the recruitment process for both Teaching and Support staff - Primary and Secondary Phases.
* Advise and support Line managers with the production of job descriptions and person specifications, advertisements and support with interview techniques and process
* Manage the ATS system for academy vacancies, including the placement of all advertisements on this and on E-Teach, TES, DfE site, council websites, WHGS website and other locations as required
* Liaising with agencies when required
* Sending out standardised application packs electronically to candidates and ensuring all information pertaining to vacancies is on the website
* Acknowledging applications
* Collating all applications and photocopying or circulating as required to those responsible for shortlisting
* Contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and inviting them for interview and follow up with confirmation letter and details of any requirements (eg teaching) on the day
* Applying for references of candidates invited for interview or for those offered positions postinterview
* Preparing interview schedules in liaison with various members of staff and ensuring cover in place for those involved
* making up packs for interviewing staff, ensuring interview questions are available on the designated template
* sending out reject letters to unsuccessful candidates
* Ensuring all safer recruitment policies/procedures are followed in terms of checking photographic ID and right to work in the UK - on the day of the interview
* Continued chasing of required documentation relating to the employment of staff once a job offer has been made, eg references, proof of qualifications, overseas checks etc.
* Ensuring a file is made up for each new starter containing all the required recruitment documentation 2 Pre-employment Checks, SCR Compliance and Maintenance, including DBS Processing
* Ensuring pre-employment checks are completed for all new starters as required, including an enhanced on-line DBS check. * Ensuring all original evidence is produced and retaining copies on files. Entering details of returned disclosures onto the SCR - Single Central Record (United Learning HR System).
* Ensuring List 99 Checks and Risk Assessments are carried out as required, particularly for those staff for whom a DBS is not required, eg visitors, work experience students etc.
* Ensuring Overseas and other checks are conducted on all new members of staff, Governors and volunteers
* Ensuring qualification checks are conducted on all teachers and relevant support staff and that copies of certificates are retained on file.
* Conducting prohibition order checks and disqualification checks as required.
* Ongoing maintenance of the SCR, ensuring all entries are consistent and that it is ready at any given time for an inspection from any of the following - Principal, Safeguarding Lead, Safeguarding Governor, Regional Director, other UL personnel, Ofsted.
* Being present during any inspection of the SCR and able to answer questions posed and provide any back-up documentation required. 3 Initiation of Staff Contracts
* Drawing up the appropriate contract for all new starters and ensuring these are issued within the first week of the employee's employment.
* Ensuring a signed copy of each contract is returned for the employee's file. 4 Induction Co-Ordination and Delivery
* Co-Ordinate induction programmes for new starters, including trainees, liaising with key members of staff as required and ensuring they are set up on all the relevant systems.
* Help to prepare and improve resources for all new starters
* Deliver the HR aspects of induction to all new starters 5 Probationary Period Management and Advice
* Ensuring 3 Probationary Meetings for all new starters take place with their Line Managers in accordance with the United Learning policy
* Ensuring paperwork is returned and signed off by all parties and the Principal and filed.
* Following up on any recommendations made. Making recommendations as to any extensions to Probationary periods which might be required
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy