Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Medical & Health - Health & Safety
· Job type
· External Reference
Health & Safety Coordinator
Job type: Temporary
Duration: 3 Months / Ongoing
Pay Rate: £10.55 per hour
Health & Safety Coordinator's main responsibilities and task include, but are not limited to:
· Advise Agency Managers on Company procedures and legal requirements as required and escalate issues where appropriate
· conducting the second week safety audits for new hires
· carrying out safety inspections and audits and logging the results on the safety database applied in the Premises,
· Know their own level of competence and not give information outside this level
· Monitor the associates for compliance to Company safety procedures
· Assist with the investigation of accidents, near misses and incidents to establish root cause and develop required action plans with relevant departments
· Update internal records with regards to incidents, near misses and accidents to agency associates
· Collate and produce weekly safety report as required
· Be able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving Safety investigations
· Track absence related to work related incidents and provide information to the local safety team as required
· Meet with the local safety team regularly to exchange information
· Work with the agency managers to ensure that all safety related audits are completed and follow up and report on any misses to the local site
· Ability to carry out safety observations in-line with current safety reporting criteria.
· Enter safety observations into the database and analyse the results.
· Ability to deliver communications to diverse audiences.
· To challenge & coach unsafe practices at all levels.
To be considered for this exciting position, please email your CV in the first instance. Please note that if you are successfully put forward for a role you will need to be able to supply valid Proof of Identification at the start of the recruitment process.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer
If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role; please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance. Your CV will be kept on file and you will be considered for future vacancies that match your skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy