£ 26000 - £ 28000 / Year
HR, Sales and Management - HR Advisor
· Job type
· External Reference
HR Advisor (Generalist)
Salary £25,000 - £28,000 (dependant on experience)
Adecco Cheltenham are excited to be representing a large international organisation in their search for a HR Advisor to join their team on a Permanent basis. Our client operates within the Manufacturing and Engineering industry, and there is a huge hustle and bustle to the premises!
Reporting directly to the HR Manager, the HR Advisor will form a pivotal part of the HR team who cover the one site in Gloucester. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with HR Generalist experience to utilise their knowledge to improve the HR and Recruitment policies in-house.
Duties will involve:
* The monitoring and reviewing of HR policies, processes and legislating: implementing changes where necessary.
* Applying HR and business knowledge, evidencing appropriate decision-making skills.
* Providing advice and coaching support to Managers concerning Employee Relations, Hearings plus Sickness and Absence. You'll utilise your experience and knowledge of HR Practices and company policies to ensure you advise managers to take the appropriate actions in a consistent manner; whilst ensuring that employees are receiving fair treatment according to policies and legislation.
* Overseeing local recruitment from cradle-grave: from point of advertising to shortlisting, interviewing and offer stage. In addition you'll ensuring pre-employment checks are carried out, ensuring each applicant has the RTW in the UK. In addition you'll be responsible for ensuring that exit interviews are conducted for all staff leaving the business; and that the outputs collated from the interviews are reported or escalated as required.
* Assisting with monthly key management reports and statistics.
* Assisting with the coordination of induction documents and overseeing the first day HR induction of new employees.
* Providing guidance for employee benefits and managing probationary processes for employees.
* Developing and implementing monthly HR reports. Ensuring that payroll information is accurately submitted to payroll ahead of required deadlines.
* Keeping the utmost confidentiality at all times and adhering to GDPR in relation to employee data.
* Championing Health and Safety by challenging unsafe working practices and escalating concerns to appropriate management and H&S representatives.
* Leading by example concerning Equal Opportunities; encouraging all employees to be treated with dignity and respect.
* Assisting with project work as required (there are many upcoming projects within the business!).
The successful candidate will possess:
* Proven generalist HR experience at a minimum of Advisory level (HR Managers and Business Partners of SMEs are also welcome to apply).
* The passion for working in a production/engineering environment, with the enjoyment of having a shop floor/factory presence.
* A robust approach to work with resilience and the ability to speak with a range of people who have different skillsets.
* Ideally, the flexibility to work differing hours due to business needs (though this is not essential for the perfect person!).
* Ideally you will possess experience within complex ER issues including ER Case Management.
* Strong working knowledge of HR policies (and implementation of these) is key due to the improvements required within the department. You'll be hungry to make improvements, and not daunted by a challenge!
* A background within Manufacturing or Engineering is highly desirable - however, candidates who do not possess this are welcomed to apply providing they are not daunted by Shop Floors/Production areas!
* Coaching abilities: able to continually upskill and encourage Management to resolve issues independently and gradually come to use HR for escalation cases only.
* Drive and determination: this role will provide such a rewarding challenge through years to come.
In return our client can offer you:
* A competitive salary up to £28,000 dependant on experience (please note if your salary expectations exceed this, you are still welcome please state this on your covering letter).
* Working hours of Monday-Thursday 8am-4.30pm and Friday 8am-3.30pm!
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays in addition to pension contributions.
* The opportunity to make a valued difference in a dynamic company rather than a corporate giant where you may feel you are just a number. Particularly as a HR Advisor, you will have the opportunity to really feel a connection with employee relations.
* Canteen area with subsidised offerings.
If you are interested do not hesitate: click apply Now and Trish Hughes will respond to suitable applicants in due course. Please note that you will be required to meet with Trish before your application is progressed to our client. This will be at short notice at our office based in Central Cheltenham.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy