Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Transport & Logistics - Warehousing, Distribution, Logistics
· Job type
Transport and Logistics
· External Reference
Adecco are pleased to be recruiting for their client who is a highly successful and internationally recognised manufacturing and distribution business based in Outwood, Wakefield.
This is a busy 24/7 operation and shift patterns reflect this; the shift pattern follows 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am across a 4 on 2 off rotating days/nights basis with an average hourly rate of £10.10 (£8.91 Weekdays, £10.25 Weekday Nights and Weekend Days, £11.14 Weekend Nights) - these rates increase by 20% after 12 months service.
· To operate powered industrial trucks to safety load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas.
· Locating and moving pallets of stock and loading trucks ready for client delivery.
· Reporting on any damages to stock or the vehicle.
· Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
· Working safely and in a timely manner to achieve productivity targets.
· Using the SAP system.
· Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
· Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
· Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
What we want from you:
FLT Drivers must have a strong understanding of Health and Safety process and be able to work as part of a team to meet daily targets and deadlines. The successful applicant will have experience ideally within a fast paced FMCG or consumer goods environment.
· Current Counterbalance FLT licence is essential.
· Original certification and refreshers must be provided at interview.
· Recent experience of driving an FLT.
· Flexible shift patterns.
· Paid lunch hour.
· Free parking.
· Internal training and development.
· Weekly pay.
· Pay increase after 12 months.
· Subsidised on-site canteen.
· Hours: 7am-7pm/7pm-7am.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy