London, Greater London
£ 35 - £ 50 / Hour
Public Sector - Public Sector
· Job type
· External Reference
FOOD SAFETY OFFICER
LOCAL AUTHORITY WITHIN EALING
6 MONTH TEMPORARY CONTRACT WITH POSSIBILITY OF BEING ONGOING
START DATE ASAP
£35-40 P/H PAYE-£45-50 UMBRELLA
1 FTE fully qualified and competent Environmental Health Officers/Food Safety Officers is required to carry out food hygiene and food standards inspections.
The Candidate must hold either a degree in Environmental Health or a Higher Certificate in Food Control and have current experience of food law enforcement within a LA.
· Physically fit and in good general health.
· Manufacture Experience
The main purpose of the job:
· To undertake duties of inspection, investigation and enforcement relating to the relevant legislation, codes of practice, service plans and Council policy.
· Investigate complaints and cases / outbreaks of infectious disease accordance with departmental standards and procedures.
· Undertake hazard spotting while undertaking food inspections
· To give advice and assistance to members of the public, trade and commerce in matters related to food safety and infectious disease control.
· To undertake cross Divisional work as required.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· To undertake inspections of premises under the terms of relevant legislation to ensure the compliance with the law and associated regulations in accordance with departmental and Council policy.
· Undertake risk scoring and administer the FHRS for premises inspected
· To investigate relevant service requests in accordance with Divisional procedures and ensure that remedial action is undertaken.
· Liaise with the Health and safety enforcement team on issues identified during food inspections
· Provide advice in keeping with Departmental practice to members of the public and business to assist in compliance with legislation
· Prepare and sign correspondence and statutory notices within delegated responsibilities and attend court where necessary.
· Prepare cases for legal proceedings in consultation with the Team Leader.
· Maintain a current knowledge of relevant specialisms and to undertake further training as required.
· Take part in the training and instruction of trainees and other official visitors in the specialist areas of responsibility as requested
· Any other duties as necessary to maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
*ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR MORE INFO PLEASE CONTACT *
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy