Birmingham, West Midlands
£ 9.5 - £ 12.5 / Hourly
Accountancy & Finance - AAT
· Job type
Charity and Not-for-profit
· External Reference
We are recruiting for a charity organisation for a finance administrator to undertake a part time, 10 month temporary assignment working from home. Working hours are flexible between 21-28 hours per week. The successful candidate will have experience in general administration as well as finance/bookkeeping, and will have had some exposure of working with charity or non-profit organisations.
This is a home based role working 3-4 days per week between Monday-Friday on a 10 month contract. Working hours are flexible, and you will be required to begin your assignment on Monday 2nd November. Interviews will take place week commencing 19th November. You may be required to complete a handover in London for 2-4 days at the beginning of your assignment.
Experience of a professional accounting/finance system is essential.
To express your interest in this role, please apply via the online platform, and should your CV be shortlisted you will be contacted to discuss next steps.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Experience of book-keeping for an organisation (>£100k t/o)
· Book-keeping qualification or multi-year experience
· Experience managing bookkeeping and reporting through an accounting software package
· Experience managing transactions through online banking systems
· Experience of working with an accountant to deliver figures and going through end of year audit
· Managing accounts through a budget structure including tracking spend vs budget
· Strong track record of customer/public facing communication (telephone/email/face to face)
· Management of documents for team/committees including reports and agendas
· Proven track record of self-management and organisation to deliver tasks
· Supporting a project of staff and volunteers with administration, finance and communications
· Keep records of all financial transactions using Xero software, and reconcile with bank statements
· Process supplier invoices, raise customer invoices and ensure timely payment for services, including membership subscriptions
· Manage relationship with the bank, HMRC and Payroll provider on financial and HR issues
· Work with Treasurer and Interim Executive Officer (IEO) to maintain records of spending across core budget and restricted funds
· Liaise with the Treasurer to produce the quarterly financial report for the Board
· Support auditors and Treasurer in the production of annual accounts
· Submit annual audited accounts to Companies House and Charities Commission
· Support Trustees with grant applications and administration
· Handle petty cash as required.
· Act as first point of contact for enquiries
· Maintain policies and policy review dates
· Maintain and update the websites and social media (inc Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc)
· Maintain contacts and mailing lists and produce the member newsletter.
· Maintain electronic filing systems (eg Dropbox)
· Manage papers for meetings of the Board, Council and Committees
· Take minutes of Board, Council and Committee meetings as required
· Provide logistical support for events, meetings and conferences (face to face and online)
· Work with legal advisers to administer the appointments and resignation of Directors/Trustees with Companies' House and the Charity Commission
· Maintain the website, email accounts and any online/electronic storage
· Issue invoices to schools and collect payments and process payments to suppliers (Project Manager and Assessors) and manage reporting to funders
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Please apply with your CV to: Lyahna Tulloch