Description de l'offre
Hospitality, Tourism & Travel - Chefs
· Job type
Hospitality, Tourism and Travel
· External Reference
A Sous Chef required to work for a prestigious global catering company in East London who supply food to the travel sector.
· Work alongside head chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with production preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking.
· Lead kitchen team in head chef's absence.
· Ensure / maintain meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
· Provide guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
· Oversee and organise kitchen stock and ingredients.
· Ensure a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verify all food products are properly dated and organised for quality assurance.
· Keep cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours.
· Train new kitchen employees to unit and kitchen standards.
· Manage food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimise waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns.
· Supervise all food preparation and presentation to ensure customer quality standards.
· Work with head chef to maintain kitchen organisation, staff ability, and training opportunities.
· Assist head chef with customer menu creation and presentation.
· Coordinate with the unit management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing.
· Constantly working with the guest in mind, and always looking for ways to make the dining experience even more memorable.
· Minimum 1 years' experience
· Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
· Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
· Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
· Familiar with industry's best practices
Hours are Saturday-Wednesday 12:00pm-8:00pm
Must be flexible and able and willing to work extra hours and weekends, bank holidays and evenings when required to meet seasonal or customer demands.
£14.50 per hour. Salary of £28,275 plus benefits
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV and/or call Laura Woollvin/Lucy Jackson on 020 8594 9225
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy