Office and Secretarial - Executive Assistant
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
The principal responsibility of the role is to provide a confidential, professional and executive level support service to a member of The Executive contributing to the goals of Devon and Cornwall Police Service. To undertake the role in a manner which reflects the professional image required of The Executive. This support will involve the following principal responsibilities but in addition there is an expectation to undertake activities in accordance with the grade of the role.
· Take responsibility for and manage data quality/information relevant to specialisms within the Executive in accordance with internal and national standards.
· Agreeing and progressing delegated decision making on behalf of the chief officer.
· Actively supporting, challenging and advising the chief officer.
· Responsibility for updating key departmental action plans and business plans, ensuring actions are progressed, recorded, tracked and appropriate responses received, on behalf of the chief officer.
· Keep, design, implement and maintain effective record-management systems, which maintain the appropriate level of security and sensitivity for the material stored.
· Research and analyse data sources to present information at executive level.
· Prepare and draft briefings, reports, data, guidance and communication briefs, as well as more complex and bespoke correspondence.
· Provide a high quality customer focused approach, as the first point of contact for the chief officer.
· Prioritise, develop and manage internal/external stakeholder relationships on behalf of the relevant chief officer.
· Manage diary commitments for the chief officer ensuring work is co-ordinated and prioritised effectively.
· Organise, administer and accurately record meetings and events on behalf of the chief officer.
· Quality Assure, filter and provide briefings/pr�cis in respect of all communication, written and verbal, addressed to the chief officer.
· Liaison with the wider organisation and partner agencies on behalf of the chief officer.
· To assist and support the chief officer at internal and external meetings and events, including ACPO commitments and areas of operational responsibility, ensuring actions are recorded and progressed accordingly.
To provide logistical support to the principal, including arranging and co-ordinating visits/meetings internally and externally. Where appropriate, to include driving the chief officer.
· Ability to plan and prioritise a high volume workload.
· Proven ability to work effectively without close supervision.
· Excellent planning and organisational skills.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to people at all levels.
· The ability to draft grammatically correct and concise English and to explain complex processes in simple language.
· The ability to record accurate minutes of strategic meetings, with good powers of summary and paraphrasing.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy