Barnet, Greater London
£ 27000 - £ 28000 / Year
Marketing & Advertising - Event Organiser
· Job type
Marketing and Advertising
· External Reference
Events Coordinator and Administrator
Reports to: The Dean
Salary: £27,000 to £28,000 per annum
Location: Russell Square
Responsible for supporting the Dean in their role by providing administrative support and support the College Dean in the delivery of relevant internal College events, alongside the Events Manager.
· To provide administrative support to the College Dean in arranging College sponsored events, receptions, lunches and dinners.
· To follow up contacts, guests and Members as required, keeping outlook contacts up to date and updating any database information.
· To research and collate information on behalf of the College Dean, and to organise his travel as the situation may require.
· To participate frequently in internal events (concerts, seminars, Port Talks, festival evenings) to help ensure their success and that Members obtain full benefit of the occasion. This will include some unsocial hours working.
· To participate in the College's representation at prestigious external events (lectures, seminars, cocktail parties, diplomatic/civic/commercial invitations, cultural visits), to ensure a positive response and maximum benefit to the Members. This again includes unsocial hours and very occasional overnight visits.
· To support the Dean in the administration of Faculty Dinners and Dean's Seminars.
· To arrange hospitality for a variety of events.
· To work in conjunction with the Events Manager to be a point of contact for and to answer any routine questions asked by Members.
· To help collate invoices before the Dean confirms any payment.
· To develop and maintain accurate filing systems, electronic and paper, as appropriate and ensure that these are consistent, available and up to date.
· To liaise with Members, Staff, Governors and external partners to organise meetings, make arrangements and bookings for the meeting where necessary.
· To meet Members and other guests of the Dean where appropriate and to contribute to the overall aspiration and vision of the Dean's Office.
· To support the Dean in updating the Dean's area of the College's intranet system and to help monitor its use and success.
· To act as Secretary to the Academic Committee (three times a year). Prepare and circulate the papers, take and draft the minutes.
· To be supportive to the Events Manager and the wider events team especially at time of leave.
· To undertake any other reasonable work required by the Dean and provide administrative resources to the College by working closely with other colleagues and PA's to help ensure the smooth administration at the College.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy