Gateshead, Tyne And Wear
£ 20000 - £ 24000 / Year
Office and Secretarial - Administrator
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
The Role & Responsibilities:
· Manage pricing and estimating of new jobs and projects.
· Prepare, produce and submit estimates/quotations, based upon materials, processing time, set-up, transport costs etc.
· Quote management, including regular follow-up of submitted estimates/quotations.
· Keep organised records of estimates/quotations and pricing.
· Receive verbal and written enquiries from customers and internal Sales contacts.
· Establish and develop close working relationships with new/existing customers and internal contacts.
· Liaise with existing/new customers via email and telephone.
· Liaise with design and production departments.
· Produce reports/overview of department activities.
· Account reviews and re-costing.
· Assist the team with additional activities as they arise.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Experience of pricing and estimating new projects, ideally within a manufacturing background.
· Relevant business to business experience.
· Proven commercial awareness.
· Ability to work under pressure whilst meeting deadlines.
· Good communication skills both written and oral.
· Attention to detail, organised and strong planning skills.
· Must be numerate, able to learn quickly and have the flexibility to "go the extra mile" when required.
· Good literacy and computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook etc.
· Must be able to use own initiative and manage own work load.
· Ability to work as part of a small team and be able to work unsupervised.
· Educated to A-level standard, including mathematics.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
· Experience of using Pegasus Opera software.
· Relevant Degree.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy