Transport & Logistics - Transport & Logistics
· Job type
Transport and Logistics
· External Reference
Driver (Sprinter Van)
£19,500 per annum + performance related bonus
7.30am - 5pm (needs to be flexible depending on drops)
Our client has a vacancy for an experienced Warehouse Person/Driver to join their small driving team. You will be given your own geographical area and will deliver to account holders and customers, establishing relationships with them in person and aiming to meet timescales.
As a Multi- Drop Driver you will be start the day by loading the van at the warehouse and then the rest of the day will be on the road, delivering customer orders in an efficient manner with the highest levels of customer service.
As the face of the business to the customers, you will develop relationships with customers (commercial and independent) you deliver to regularly and will understand their requirements when receiving the deliveries.
Key responsibilities include:
· Loading the vehicle in the warehouse (can include small and large goods, sometimes heavy and therefore need to be physically able to manage heavy goods when required.
· Delivering within a scheduled route in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring deadlines and targets are met.
· using equipment such a ramps to aid the movement of larger items on and off of the vehicle.
· Establish excellent customer relations, sometimes taking feedback to the customers service and sales teams and ensuring standards are met at all times.
· Being flexible to assist with other routes depending on your daily workload.
The successful candidate must:
· be over 25 for insurance purposes
· hold a full clean UK driving licence
· have own transport due to rural location of warehouse
· be someone who enjoys communicating with customers and colleagues while also being happy spending long periods of time in the vehicle each day
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy