Public Sector - Local Government Administration
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
· Champion, promote and demonstrate the Council's values in all aspects/areas of the role both within the department and across the council.
· Support the council management team in the delivery of the Council's vision and corporate priorities.
· Ensure that our customer commitment promises are reflected in all aspects of work
· To ensure that all staff are committed to & engage with change initiatives and practices, including building an agile workforce that enables self and customers to adopt digital ways of working in all aspects of the role
· Be a positive ambassador for the council and Croydon, maximising our influence and promoting Croydon in a positive light and creating opportunities to enhance the Council's image and reputation.
· Provide a visible commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement across all services.
· Quality assurance of invoices (both automated and manually created), credit notes and refunds to meet council standards and daily set targets.
· Creation and maintenance of customer accounts including liaison with departments to gather and validate all required information.
· Independently search council records (ICT and case files) to obtain up to date customer information for greater levels of knowledge to aid the Debt Recovery Officers in cash collection.
· Real time data entry of newly obtained customer information.
· Ensure that all council data systems and templates are updated within agreed timeframes and quality standards as set by the Manager.
· Strong management of your workload and files using agreed council systems and templates to agreed standards and volumes.
· Check eligibility for collection agreements such as attachment of earnings/benefits and direct recovery from landlords and process as appropriate.
· Under management direction follow up and quickly resolve (or escalate) broken payment plans, SPAs, agreements etc).
· Identify and present opportunities for process improvements.
· Positive / proactive approach to debt collection with knowledge of debt recovery and how this benefits the council.
· Respond promptly and accurately to customer contact using the most appropriate medium, phone, letter, email etc.
· Ability to build strong relationships with working partners to obtain correct customer information to meet debt reduction targets.
· Performance driven; proven ability to meet / exceed key performance targets.
· Investigate unallocated items regularly ensuring that payments reach the correct sundry debtor account.
· Use appropriate systems e.g. Debt Hub to run daily reports to identify exceptions which are not progressing through debt recovery processes and take appropriate action.
· To undertake reviews and updating of weekly deductions of
· To gather information in terms of vulnerability and benefit entitlement to enable the appropriate recovery action to be taken.
· To reconcile customer accounts and accounting transactions within appropriate systems to the general ledger.
· To lead on the administration of the processes and procedures relating to commercial rents and car loans .
· To lead on the administration of the processes and procedures relating to the Community Infrastructure Levy and Business Improvement District levy.
· To extract, analyse and provide management reporting from the various systems to provide to accountants, departments in accordance with the Debt Recovery Support Manager.
· Preparing cases for bulk tracing by external suppliers and managing the updates on the appropriate systems in a timely
· Managing the escalated invoice dispute cases with the appropriate service areas.
· Reviewing nominated write off cases for further trace information or benefits payments prior to their inclusion on the write off report..
· Collating valid cases for the write off report for presentation to the Debt Recovery Support Manager.
· Using systems and running reports to identify opportunities to consolidate debt and gain a single view of the customer.
· Play a leading role in proactive customer reviews, this could include customer surveys, documentation review or improved online services.
· Participation in department or corporate wide project teams focused on system, people or process improvements.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy