Banking & Financial Services - Cashier
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
Customer Service Officer
We are currently looking for Customer Service Officer to work on the cashier's desk within a busy branch environment based in Glasgow.
The pay rate for the role - £8.80 per hour
This is a part time position working 28 hours per week
Monday 09:00- 16:00
Tuesday 09:00 - 15:30
Thurs 10:00- 15:00
Every Saturday 09:00 - 13:00
This is a temporary role for 2 to 3 months
Start date: ASAP
You will work on the cashier's desk, dealing with individual customer contacts, enquiries and requests in an effective manner which satisfies the customer, supports the achievement of business goals and is in line with all procedures and standards.
You should have previous experience in Cashier work and a good knowledge of till reconciliation, ensuring all transactions with customers are recorded accurately and update all computer-based records to maintain and enhance data integrity including checking and updating personal details
Please note, you may be required to travel between local branches.
- Act as the host of the branch, ensuring customers are greeted and directed around the branch in accordance with their needs.
- Proactively build relationships with customers at every interaction to ensure all their needs are met.
- Act as the key point of contact for customer cash related queries.
- Take responsibility for the governance of a till including following end of day processes and dealing appropriately with discrepancies.
- Adhere to all business processes associated with the till and counter including any variances by branch format to ensure the business is not exposed to any additional risk.
- Participate in Branch daily rituals including customer huddles and ensure the branch environment presents the right image.
- Be available and accessible to customers at all points during the day and where required by the customer, act as point of contact for future return visits.
- Ensure a booking form has been completed for every appointment.
- Promote the benefits of membership to all new customers and constantly seek opportunities to create additional membership value for existing customers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A good understanding of banking systems
- Role model for customer service interaction.
- Motivated, high-performing individual with proven experience of working with other colleagues
To be considered for this exciting position, please email your CV in the first instance. Please note that if you are successfully put forward for a role you will need to be able to supply valid Proof of Identification at the start of the recruitment process.
The application process is subject to the successful completion of background and reference checking, including CRB and CCJ (County Court Judgement) checks.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer .If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance. Your CV will be kept on file and you will be considered for future vacancies that match your skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy