Description de l'offre
London, Greater London
Education & Childcare - Education Administration
· Job type
Education and Childcare
· External Reference
· To deal with course and programme enquiry emails to the Language Centre and to refer on to the appropriate member of Centre staff where necessary.
· To deal with course applications by steering enquirers towards the most appropriate process.
· In liaison with the appropriate Language Co-ordinator to deal with applications for English for Academic Purposes programmes.
· To handle the day to day course administration for Language Centre programmes.
· To be involved in simple course and class set up on appropriate Language Centre systems.
· To handle day to day 'additional services' processes such as proofreading and document authentication requests.
· As one of the first points of contact, for the Centre, to deal tactfully and courteously with any complaint or problem and to liaise with the appropriate member of staff to facilitate a solution.
· To assist with non-course event set up such as Tandem Learning, Orientation or Student open day stands.
· To work closely with other members of the Learning Support and Administration Team to make sure the work of the Centre is achieved course and programme administration is delivered to the highest standard possible.
· To liaise with other service areas of the School to make sure the work of the Centre is achieved course and programme administration is delivered to the highest standard possible.
· To service language centre staff/committee meetings (i.e. scheduling, arranging, taking minutes).
· To assist with Reception desk enquiries.
· Working hours: 10:00-18:30 Monday-Thursday & Friday 10:00-16:00.
· To handle payments for courses via PDQ machines and other payment methods (e.g. e-Shop) and in the handling of credit or debit cardholder data do so in accordance with PCI-DSS Compliance Training for Staff.
Knowledge and Experience
· Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent including Maths and English (Grade A-C)
· Experience in Microsoft Word and MS Office packages including Excel, Outlook & general office equipment
· Experience of working in a customer orientated environment
· Experience of minute taking and/or servicing committee meetings
· Experience of working in Higher Education and a University Environment
· To be fluent in an additional language
· Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
· Ability to handle email and telephone enquiries in a clear and effective manner
· Ability to handle 'walk-in' enquiries in a calm, courteous and effective manner
Teamwork and Motivation
· To be a team player and assist other members of the team when required
· Eye for detail and high standards of accuracy
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to maintain simple student records
· Ability to handle routine administrative tasks such as course set up and registration
Planning and Organising
· Ability to manage own workload and to prioritise tasks effectively to meet objectives and deliver to agreed deadlines
Initiative and Problem-solving
· Ability in identifying errors and resolving mistakes
· Ability to organise your own workload
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy