Description de l'offre
London, Greater London
Education & Childcare - Education Administration
· Job type
· External Reference
· To act as a focal point for applicant and student enquiries, providing appropriate and timely advice and guidance
· To monitor and report regularly on recruitment figures in liaison with the Departmental Tutor and Undergraduate Admissions Office.
· To prepare and distribute provision of Orientation and welcome materials to all incoming students.
· To organise Orientation briefing sessions, including room bookings, ordering catering and checking appropriate layouts and equipment and explaining a range of departmental information including programme entry requirements and regulations clearly and accurately.
· To manage the full delivery of support service of the BSc programmes and be proactive in developing programme support.
· To monitor and evaluate the design and maintenance of the courses on Moodle.
· To liaise with the Communication and Marketing Manager on the design and maintenance of the Department website study pages and to ensure the accuracy of respective web pages.
· To discuss issues raised at Staff-Student Liaison Committee meetings with the Programme Coordinator, Departmental Tutor and Departmental Manager and provide an analysis of options available.
· To identify potential areas of development for student support and methods of implementation.
Examinations and Assessment
· To oversee the maintenance of accurate student records including application, course choice and assessment data.
· To take responsibility for the examination process including the record management of assessment and examination processes and to ensure exam papers and results are accurately prepared and recorded.
· To organise Exam Sub-Board, including communicating with External Examiners regarding marks and meetings, making arrangements for academic staff regarding examination and dissertation marking and act as secretary to the Boards, providing guidance and advice as necessary.
· To ensure that all assessed student coursework is recorded on submission, run through plagiarism detection software and distributed to staff, setting deadlines for completion of marking.
Pastoral Care and Welfare
· To administer and support the undergraduate mentoring schemes and student networks, providing assistance and links with the department and school where necessary.
· To foster engagement and belonging through a programme of regular teas and events for students from across all year levels, to meet with staff and other students to share interests and develop a strong sense of being part of an academic community.
· To support and amplify the work of the PPE and Philosophy societies and share good practice within the department through internal communications mechanisms e.g. Facebook, Moodle.
· Support the society committees with problem solving in order to retain their sense of ownership.
· Connect societies with staff/resources in the Department/School to help them undertake activities they have identified.
· To advise students on a variety of study related issues and referring them to relevant School support services when necessary.
· To provide support, guidance or pastoral care to students where standard procedures do not always exist, and judging when to refer the individual for professional help.
· Organise the annual Department weekend visit to an external venue, including liaison with the venue, preparation and distribution of publicity and other relevant information, setting up E-shop for payments, provide support assistance with planning the event programme and prepare and process speaker expenses after the event.
· To organise termly student parties; determine cost, date and location and any associated entertainment.
· To organise and administer the Michaelmas and Lent Term teaching surveys, including providing staff with instructions and deadline information, distribution of survey packs, dealing with queries and liaison with the School Surveys Manager.
· In liaison with the Timetables Office and academic colleagues, to manage the annual timetabling returns for all lectures and classes and seminars. Including, timely preparation and submission of all room booking forms by course code, teacher constraints forms and assisting with queries and resolving complications.
· In conjunction with the Departmental Tutor, develop, plan and implement a strategy for encouraging students to complete the National Student Survey
· Booking, management and circulation of Guest Teacher and Graduate Teaching Assistant office hours and arranging access to the feedback room.
· In liaison with the Estates Division, organising and checking repairs and maintenance where necessary.
· To set appropriate standards of service delivery and ensure these are fulfilled.
· To work with the Departmental Manager and administrative team to evaluate service levels and implement agreed initiatives.
· To proactively use own initiative to evaluate and improve working practices and procedures within the professional services team.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy