London, Greater London
Banking & Financial Services - Banking & Financial Services
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
Salary of £28,300 plus an excellent benefits package, including private healthcare and non-contributory pension.
Are you a natural problem solver who can make decisions that are logical, fair and balanced?
Can you cut through the jargon to see what's gone wrong, using common sense to resolve complex issues, removing the emotion to make base your decision on the facts?
Do you have an inquisitive mind and understand that not all issues are black and white - always looking for the grey area?
Would you like a fulfilling role where you can truly make a difference to people's lives?
If this sounds like you, we have the perfect opportunity!
Created by Parliament, The Financial Ombudsman resolve complaints between financial businesses and consumers. If something has gone wrong, they have the power to put it right.
As an investigator, you will be responsible for managing a case load of disputes and complaints received from consumers relating to financial products or services. You will thoroughly investigate both sides of the story, reviewing information and procedures to reach a decision. No two cases are the same and there isn't always a clear outcome, meaning you will need to use logic, common sense and empathy to resolve complex issues.
In return, you'll be working for an organisation who will make you feel truly valued. From the free onsite gym, subsidised canteen and unrivalled benefits package, to the professional and caring working environment. This organisation will do everything to help you succeed and promote you through their defined career path.
You'll be accountable for…
· Taking responsibility for delivering your objectives - and working with your team to contribute to meeting our wider commitments.
· Listening to the full story to get to the heart of problems - asking the right questions to uncover potentially hidden issues, and capturing details and insight accurately on our systems.
· Taking responsibility for a wide range of enquiries and problems - whatever stage they're at - and making sure you understand and evaluate the key information so you can reach fair outcomes.
· Being proactive and organised - doing all you can to ensure problems are sorted out as quickly and efficiently as possible, so that there are no customers waiting.
· Tailoring the way you engage with each customer - whether business or consumer - taking account of the individual circumstances in each case and the impact the problem is having on those involved.
· Communicating effectively over the phone, in writing and on social media, in a clear, balanced and thoughtful way - showing you understand the customer's point of view whether you agree with them or not.
· Showing an active interest in the world around you - identifying emerging issues and sharing relevant insight with your team and your manager.
· Developing and sharing your knowledge across a range of different kinds of problems and situations.
· Using the tools available to continuously develop your knowledge and ability to progress customers' problems as far as you can yourself.
You will have experience in…
· Helping customers with their problems - quickly, fairly and in a way that's human and tailored to their individual needs.
· Using your common sense and judgement - as an outstanding problem solver - to analyse and evaluate information, often involving situations that are unclear and sensitive.
· Communicating in a straightforward and approachable way with people at all levels, showing that you understand their situation and how it affects them.
· Building rapport and relationships by listening to, understanding and empathising with others - caring about the world around you, and the difference you make.
· Influencing and negotiating - understanding different perspectives and reaching consensus where possible.
· Prioritising your workload with pace and flexibility to meet targets - adapting as things change and taking ownership for moving things as far forward as quickly as possible.
· Recognising when you don't know the answer and when you need to approach others for help - and continuously updating your knowledge and skills, including seeking feedback to help your development.
· Being approachable and collaborative, and working well as part of a team.
· Being personally accountable for getting the detail right and being accurate - while still seeing the bigger picture, to get to the heart of what really matters.
Please note successful applicants will be supported in studying for a Level 3 Customer Service Specialist qualification, which is funded by the apprenticeship levy, as such you will need 5 GCSE passes, grade A - C or 4 - 9 or equivalent and be able to work full time hours.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy