£ 150 - £ 200 / Day
Construction & Property - Construction & Property
· Job type
Construction and Property
· External Reference
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clerk of Works (Mechanical and Electrical Services) to join a public sector organisation based in East London.
This role will be working within the Major Works Team which is responsible for the delivery of capital works to existing assets to maintain their condition or adapt for future use. This role has responsibility for the monitoring of contractors in order to ensure that they are meeting quality, cost and healthy and safety commitments as specified for the project. This role in particular is in respect of mechanical and electrical works and includes major maintenance, new build, refurbishments, alterations and inspections.
The most suitable candidate will have a relevant qualification in either electrical or mechanical engineering, with experience as a Clerk of Works monitoring electrical and mechanical works within a public sector environment.
Key duties will include:
· Work as part of a professional capital delivery team assisting with cost and quality management of capital works to ensure it is delivered to time and on budget
· Carry out site visits and inspections of project sites to ensure contractors are meeting specifications and standards
· Monitor health and safety practices with assurance that statutory and other requirements are being met
· Assist, instruct and advise contractors on site regarding matters relating to specifications and standards
· Assisting in preparing for handover of any assets following works, including snagging, operational readiness, and the provision of any information
· Develop an understanding of the commissioner outcomes and apply these to the delivery of capital projects
· Oversee a portfolio of capital projects, ensuring that intended outcomes are being achieved through effective monitoring
· Act as a professional expert in Clerks of Works (Mechanical & Electrical) capacity, ensuring that the organisation accesses best practice and delivers quality outcomes for customers
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy