Uxbridge, Greater London
Office and Secretarial - General Administration & Clerical
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Our client, is looking to recruit a Clerical officer which will be trained in all aspects of clinical records including the Patient Administration System (PAS), Document Management Systems and the electronic tracking system to ensure that they are able to undertake an efficient and adequate role within the department meeting the needs of its customers.
Travelling to other sites may be required within this role**
· Location: Harefield
· Pay: £10.47 per hour
· Type: Temporary
· Duration: 1 month initially
· Start Date: ASAP
Patient/customer care (both direct and indirect)
· Maintain a professional attitude towards users of the department and its service.
· Provide medical records for all users of the service both internal and external to include: outpatient and inpatients areas ensuring all case notes are available as and when required including retrieving case note folders from the Clinical Records Library and other departments within the hospital.
· Using the specific prepping protocols prepare case note folders for scanning into EDM from both sites, ensuring accuracy is maintained and targets met at all times.
· Provide case notes for research and audit as and when requested.
· Complete local audit tools as and when required.
· Ensure that case notes are correctly tracked on PAS to storage boxes in readiness for offsite storage/EDM.
· Identify case notes folders which have damaged folders or loose paper and inform the team leader.
· Participate in the housekeeping within the Clinical Records library including moving and/or culling legacy case note folders as required.
· Help maintain the destruction of record's register.
· Participate in the quality assurance of folders that have gone to EDM.
· Participate in the subject access process
· Communicate daily to the Team Leader reporting any issues which may arise during the course of their work.
· Deal with all internal telephone enquiries and requests for case notes in the appropriate manner, ensuring case notes are booked out correctly using the electronic tracking system.
· Communicate with all departments that interact with the Clinical Records service in order to promote good customer service.
· Attend any relevant training assuring that mandatory training is always up to date.
· Ensure all I.T. equipment is fully functional alerting the team leader of any problems with equipment, including computers and bar code readers and scanning equipment.
· Ensure skills on all computer systems used in the department are kept up to date. These include PAS, electronic tracking system, email and the document imaging system.
· Updating patient information as and when required.
· Take an active interest in the project and offering suggestions for change or improvement in process as appropriate.
· Maintain records of activity as appropriate and guided by the team leader.
· Take an active part in staff meetings putting forward ideas for any service improvement opportunities.
· Take an active interest in the running of the department.
· Contribute to regular auditing of the performance of the department as instructed, with regard to the number of case notes requested and their availability.
· Using the appropriate equipment, transfer case note folders within the Clinical Records Library and externally to other areas within the hospital as required being aware of the need at times to cross roads.
· Ensure own safety and safety of others within the Clinical Records Department and utilise step stools provided for retrieval of case note folders stored at heights.
· Be able to lift/handle boxes/crates containing case note folders.
If this is the role you have been waiting for then please apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities company.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy