Hospitality, Tourism & Travel - Chefs
· Job type
Hospitality, Tourism and Travel
· External Reference
A Chef De Partie is required to work for a prestigious global catering company in East London who supply food to the travel sector.
· Work alongside head chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with production preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking.
· Ensure / maintain meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
· Provide guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
· Oversee and organise kitchen stock and ingredients.
· Ensure a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verify all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance.
· Keep cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours.
· Train new kitchen employees to unit and kitchen standards.
· Manage food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimise waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns.
· Ensure all food preparation and presentation adhere to customer quality standards.
· Work with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities.
· Assist head chef with customer menu creation and presentation.
· Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus.
· Ensuring the team maintain the required standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety.
· To confidently learn and create dishes on their menu using company specifications. Constantly working with the guest in mind, and always looking for ways to make the dining experience even more memorable.
· Minimum 1 years' experience.
· Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
· Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions.
· Familiar with industry's best practices.
Must be flexible and able and willing to work extra hours and weekends, bank holidays and evenings when required to meet seasonal or customer demands.
Hours are Saturday-Wednesday 12:00pm-8:00pm
£12.25 per hour. Salary of £23,887 plus benefits.
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV and/or call Laura Woollvin/Lucy Jackson on 020 8594 9225
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy