Procurement & Supply Chain - Category Specialist
· Job type
Procurement and Supply Chain
· External Reference
Adecco are pleased to be recruiting for a Category Buyer for our client based on the outskirts of Exeter.
This is an essential role for our client and the role will require you to ensure the smooth running of the Supply Chain, through active supplier relationship management, whilst delivering on cost savings to the business.
Responsibilities will be;
· Manage a portfolio of materials, ensuring on time delivery and active supplier relationship management
· Monitoring Supplier performance and resolving and escalating queries where necessary
· Undertake and maintain Market Analysis and Benchmarking to validate current costs and identify opportunities
· Working closely with the Procurement Manager to assist with Cost Saving initiatives
· Operate and be accountable for the given product portfolio
· To ensure compliance with Company Procurement Policies
· Identify cost saving opportunities within the market through Spend Analysis
The ideally candidate will be IT literate (ideally use of SAP but not essential) and CIPS qualified would be a distinct advantage (again, not essential).
We look forward to your application
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy