Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey
Public Sector - Public Sector Administration
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Adecco are currently recruiting for a BUSINESS SUPPORT OFFICER to work withing a local authority based in KINGSTON UPON THAMES.
BUSINESS SUPPORT OFFICER
KINGSTON UPON THAMES
TEMPORARY CONTRACT (MINIMUM 3 MONTHS)
£11 TO £13 PER HOUR
FULL TIME - M TO 5 - 9 TO 5
The Council is focused on delivering the best possible outcomes for its communities. To do this the Council needs employees who thrive in an agile and networked organisation and who can support continuous improvement within a constructive organisational culture.
The role reports directly to the Operations Manager.
We are looking for "a can do attitude", able to communicate both written and verbal essential, excellent customer service, experience in administration, digital champions (excellent IT skills and attention to detail/accuracy essential). Recent graduates considered. Minute taking not essential.
· Works with manager and colleagues to define outcomes, set targets and monitor performance, within a culture of continual improvement
· Supports operational plans to ensure that the resources within the teams are used to best effect and impact
Customers and Partners
· Builds strong internal and external working partnerships to enable the service to be delivered in an outcome-focused and efficient way
· Supports Kingston's commitment to community cohesion and valuing diversity and social inclusion
Digital/New Ways of Working
· Uses new technologies, particularly Google, to adopt modern, agile working practices, improve customer service and eliminating paper-based processes wherever possible.
· Works with service stakeholders across the organisation ensuring they are provided with all necessary support and information to deliver council services effectively
· Delivers a high standard of service to internal and external customers in line with service level agreements and other relevant performance standards
· Utilise, maintain and get the best out of relevant systems (eg. Agresso, Anite, Civica, IDOX), including data entry, reporting and automation
· Input, update, extract and analyse data, information and records using relevant ICT systems
· Prepare, edit, format, maintain and print documents using MS Office and Google applications
· Carry out financial administration tasks such as raising purchase orders and processing invoices in accordance with procedures and service level agreements
· Follow and maintain internal procedures, continually looking for opportunities to work more efficiently
· Administer more complex, non routine meetings including rooms booking, distribution lists, collating agenda items, taking minutes and following-up on actions
· Handling and responding to enquiries and complaints from the public via all communication channels
· Ensure transactions are accurately recorded and entered into systems in a timely manner and in line with procedures
· Processes applications for council services, for example HMO licence applications, course applications, Building Control applications, Council Tax applications etc
· Organise and support the running of a range of events on behalf of the council eg. courses, mayoral events, staff workshops etc
· Actively contribute to the development of new systems and or business processes, acting on own initiative to tackle problems where feasible
· Identify and implement opportunities for streamlining work activities to make the Service more efficient, and as part of this maintain and update service related documentation and processes in line with ISO 9001 quality standard.
In order to successfully deliver the responsibilities of the role, you will need to:
· Question and challenge ways of working, with an understanding of the bigger picture in terms of the corporate context and external environment
· Demonstrate adaptability, flexibility and a digital mindset
· Work successfully with service stakeholders and colleagues from the Council's corporate services, positive challenging colleagues with a view to securing continually improvement both in our ways of working and our culture
· Administrative experience is desirable, but more important is the willingness and capability to undertake the range of functions set out in the role profile
· You will need a high level of professionalism as well as sound judgement and strong organisational skills.
· Demonstrate commitment to own personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the role
· Demonstrate innovation and creativity at work, taking ownership to solve problems as they arise
· Actively engage in positive cross organisational communication and team working
· Communicate clearly, confidently and appropriately with colleagues using the best methods of communication for the task.
· Demonstrate willingness to seek out and embrace new ways of working other changes at work as continual improvement becomes the norm
· Strong ICT skills are imperative as is demonstrating a digital mindset
· Good numeracy skills and an attention to detail
· Ability to work at pace whilst maintain accuracy
· Ability to demonstrate personal ownership of tasks at work, achieving high levels of performance in all that you undertake
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy