Office and Secretarial - Administrator
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
BUSINESS SUPPORT OFFICER
MONDAY- FRIDAY 9AM- 5PM
16 WEEK TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT
£10.83 HOURLY RATE
THE MAIN DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
· To sort the post in order to identify items which require an urgent response and
to initiate follow-up action as appropriate to ensure that matters are dealt with
speedily and efficiently - this also enables efficient fielding of telephone calls, etc.
· To organise filing, including a day file system and manage bring-forward systems
to ensure the post-holder has all relevant papers in advance of
appointments, meetings, etc. Also to be able to respond to requirements
for information, working unsupervised to send copies of documents to
the appropriate person who would respond to their request.
· Handling telephone enquiries, calls relating to public health programmes and
taking messages to ensure that work is turned around within a reasonable
timescale. To initiate follow-up action as appropriate.
· Dealing with relevant correspondence by dictation, Dictaphone or written notes
and collating information, in accordance with house style to produce a high
standard of work.
· Convening, preparing agendas, taking minutes at meetings for both internal
and external organisations/agencies and ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant committee members and ensuring action
points are followed up as required.
· To maintain databases and/or spreadsheets as necessary. Prepare for
meetings, providing statistical information (graphs, bar charts) to compare
providers and identify trends in service provision, ensuring data is received in
To organise, manage and make appointments (including suitable room bookings)
· in diaries of the relevant post Holders; ensuring post holders are aware of their appointments and ensuring all relevant paperwork is available.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
· Previous administrative experience
· Minute taking experience
· Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
· Experience of liaising with external agencies and professionals
· Strong IT skills
*Please apply online with your CV. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy