London, Greater London
Office and Secretarial - Administration Manager
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Business support officer - immediate start
£12.15 a hour Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Based in Euston
To provide proactive and professional administrative and logistical support to the Area Manager and the Customer Experience Managers team at St Pancras with occasional travel to Leicester to support the management team there.
The role requires a flexible approach due to the varied nature of the tasks - listed below - that are undertaken. The Business Support will assist the management team in ensuring the continuous smooth operation of the day-to-day business of the London team as well as supporting ad hoc business requirements
The Business Support will be responsible for the following:
· Provision of clerical support to the Area Manager and management team to assist them in carrying out their roles.
· Managing the sickness and MFA tracker for all staff at St Pancras to ensure stages are managed within company guidelines and relevant paperwork is produced to support this process.
· Procurement of materials and equipment, following budget guidelines and ensuring cost-effectiveness to reduce expenditure, raising Purchase Orders and keeping a detailed and accurate record of all transactions.
· Monitoring agency time sheets and submitting Purchase Orders for payment.
· Note taking in meetings including union, disciplinary and hearings; typing up and providing notes in a timely fashion.
· Coordination of uniform and equipment allocation, including ordering and returns.
· Collation of KPI information for period end reports for the Area Manager.
· Making hotel and room bookings for staff training and manager visits.
· Working with other departments within the business, including ad hoc administrative support for other managers.
· Renewal of area-specific passes and permits for employees and third parties (eg car park passes, taxi permits).
The above list is not exhaustive and on occasion, the Business Support may need to undertake other reasonable requests as required by their line manager, in line with grade and competence.
All staff have a responsibility and accountability to ensure that their day-to-day activities support our commitments under the Sustainability Policy Statement and relevant management systems (e.g. ISO14001 or ISO50001); and to act in a sustainable manner and minimise impact on the environment.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Proven office and administration experience.
· Strong IT skills in all Microsoft Office packages - Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Proficient in use of email and internet.
· Excellent numeracy skills.
· Ability to create and implement new processes to improve efficiency.
· Excellent verbal and written communicator, confident with dealing with people at all levels.
· Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
The post holder should be passionate about providing professional administrative support to the management team. They should be a team player, respect confidentiality, be flexible to the needs of the team at all times and a well organised individual with good time management skills and the ability to prioritise work.
If you are interested in this position please contact me on 02032148240.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy