Public Sector - Public Sector Accounting & Finance
· Job type
· External Reference
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Business Rates Officer to join a local organisation based in East London.
The successful candidate would be responsible for the following duties:
· To deal with all internal and external customers enquiries in a courteous, approachable, helpful and professional manner
· To deal with customer enquiries on the telephone, by post, e-mail, internet, fax and in person within specified timescales
· To ensure customer enquiries and complaints are effectively resolved liaising with other departments as necessary
· To provide information, support and advice to stakeholders and other services in order to meet the organisation's overall standards in service delivery and customer care
· To identify training needs, assist in preparation and delivery of training and to undertake training as required.
· To ensure cash collection is maximised.
· To keep the Business Rates Team Leader and Revenues Manager informed of all matters concerning the post holder's workload on a regular basis.
· To consistently meet performance targets and standards.
· To maintain performance statistics.
· To prepare procedures and documentation in accordance with quality standards
· To prepare invoices for payment.
· To assist with the preparation of management information, financial information and final accounts within agreed timescales
· To assist in the completion of statutory and other statistical returns
· To prepare schedules for the setting of program parameters in accordance with operational requirements and to set the parameters and run batch programmes as required.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy