IT - IT
· Job type
IT and Telecoms
· External Reference
As a Tier 2 adviser you will be responsible for handling queries from those contacting helpline based services across a range of behaviour change services and subject matters including Sexual Health. You will act as a line of support for callers, triaging their queries and providing them with information and advice. You will be required to communicate effectively with service users of all ages and backgrounds, conveying information and tailoring support specific to caller's needs, age and understanding. You will be expected to communicate with them across a range of contact channels including email, voice, webchat, SMS and social media.
· Commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
· Willingness & consent to apply for a CRB check
· Ability to work flexible shifts including evenings and weekends
· Registered Nurse (1st level) or
· CQSW/Diploma Social Work or
· A relevant degree: Physchology, Health Science, Social Sciences, Health Promotion, Education or
· A relevant higher qualification e.g. a MSC in Counselling, Health Education/ Promotion, Public Health
· Previous training in sexual health/family planning and/or HIV
· Diploma in counselling
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Able to handle complex queries of a sensitive nature
· Ability to engage and assess needs in a timely manner
· Ability to articulate and communicate effectively with service users of all ages (including young people), conveying information and tailoring support specific to caller's needs, age and understanding
· Ability to handle a large number of calls professionally
· Ability to handle a wide range of calls from individuals of all ages and diverse backgrounds
· Understanding of and ability to adhere to strict service and clinical guidelines
· Ability to update knowledge and skills with new developments in clinical guidelines and/or changes to service delivery
· Ability to work on own initiative whilst recognising limitations and when referral to another service or escalation to the clinical lead is required.
· Ability to articulate and communicate effectively with service users, colleagues and external stakeholders.
· Presentation skills
· IT skills and ability to keep accurate records
· Desirable Requirement: Understanding of issues relating to sexual abuse, domestic violence and sexual exploitation.
· At least 2 years' experience of working on a telephone advice service which includes provision of information, support and advice on sexual health/family planning or HIV
· Knowledge and experience of sexual health education and promotion
· Utilisation of counselling/counselling skills with patients either face to face or by telephone
· To have a working knowledge of clinical and psychosocial aspects of unplanned pregnancy, Sexually Transmitted Infections, HIV or related sexual health issues.
· Desirable Requirement: Working with vulnerable adults and young people
· Calm, patient & empathetic
· Non-judgemental and sensitive to client needs
· A genuine interest in the subject area and supporting positive sexual health for all
· A positive individual who works well in a team environment
· Able to take direction from managers and the sexual health clinical lead