Crawley, West Sussex
£ 15 - £ 18 / Hour
Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive - Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 Months
Pay Rate: £15-£18 per hour
Purpose of Role
To undertake all aspects of the internal and external aesthetics, ensuring that all work carried out meets customer requirements to the specified standard. To carry out train presentation exams.
· Undertake train presentation examinations in accordance with the Train Presentation Exam regime
· Undertake remedial body-side and minor damage repair work of rolling stock including all types of paint application, mixing and spraying and specialist repairs.
· Carry out internal and external repairs in accordance with the standards set out by the organisation.
· Assist other team members with the development of technical skills.
· Undertake any other duties as and when required.
Knowledge & Experience
· Must have completed a recognised apprenticeship or equivalent in the appropriate field such as a Vehicle body maker or coach builder.
· Should have experience with laying & repairing vinyl floor coverings.
· Experience in all types of Paint application, mixing and spraying.
· Must have relevant experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment.
· Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures.
· Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate.
· Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
· Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications.
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities:
· Accept a personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions.
· Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact.
· Ensure compliance with the BMS procedures relative to their position.
· Follow emergency procedures.
· Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations.
· Use all equipment provided safely and notifying local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent.
· Inform management of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new materials, plant or processes which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment.
· Inform management of any potential improvements that could improve environmental performance.
· Immediately inform management of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work.
· Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do so.
· Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents.
· Cooperate with the employer to ensure their statutory duties are fulfilled.
If you think this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy