£ 150 - £ 200 / Day
Accountancy & Finance - Accountancy & Finance
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
Assistant Project Accountant
£150-200 a day
37.5 hours a week
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Project Accountant on a temporary basis to work for our client based in the Croydon area.
This role will be responsible for assisting the financial management of project delivery within the Croydon Project Portfolio.
- Review and analyse project actual and forecast spend to support the financial control and forecasting
- Analyse new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk and opportunity.
- Maintain for each project the P&L, balance sheet, order book and cashflow
- Ensure all project reports and forecasts are submitted to Central Finance on time, accurate, and are understood and approved
- Calculate and amend, where necessary, project accruals related to internal and agency staff, materials, expenses and major subcontractors
- Support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates and invoices, including all postings to the ledger
- If dealing with cost reimbursable contracts, ensure timely and accurate provision of all supporting information to enable issuing, approval and payment of project milestones in a timely manner
- Compliance with all Group accounting policies, but in particular with the long term contract accounting policy
- Support ad hoc activities and projects where required
Successful candidates will:
· Be part Qualified/Qualified accountant ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
· Have experience of working in a complex engineering, contracting or manufacturing environment
· Have experience of working in multi-discipline teams
If this is something you would be interested in, please contact the Croydon branch on 0208 686 9909!!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy