Description de l'offre
York, North Yorkshire
Construction & Property - Property Management, Facilities Management
· Job type
Construction and Property
· External Reference
JOB SUMMARY/ PURPOSE:
You will work closely with the Facilities Management Team and the service users to ensure the services provided are completed in a timely manner that complements the provision of patient care.
You will have responsibility for the line management and associated tasks for the Portering Service Supervisors and other Facilities staff. You will be required to work as part of a management team but also exercise initiative on your own within set parameters and be able to work unsupervised. You will have the enthusiasm and willingness to learn quickly along with good organisational skills and will also have excellent written and communication skills and be computer literate.
The post holder will also ensure the segregation, collection, storage and disposal of all healthcare waste is managed in a safe, cost effective and legally compliant manner in line with HTM 07-01 and other relevant legislation.
The post holder will be expected to assist the Facilities Management Team to deliver continuous service improvements across all of the services provided and to deputise for the Deputy Environment, Portering and Linen Services Manager during their absence.
The Post holder will maintain strong relationships with the following posts
· Environment, Portering & Linen Services Manager
· Deputy Environment, Portering & Linen Services Manager
· Matrons and Ward Sisters across all Sites
· Portering Service Supervisors
· Communicates directly with a range of contacts, for example, ward and department staff, contractors, suppliers and other persons who may come into contact with the Environment, Linen and Portering Teams.
· The day to day management of the Portering staff, including 1:1 meetings with the Portering Supervisors, appraisals, RTW interviews, Stage 1 Sickness Meetings, sharing Team Briefs, investigation into AIRs complaints, any disciplinary actions are completed as necessary under the guidance of HR, etc.
· Compilation and administration of the portering supervisors and the facilities team rotas, ensuring any staff shortages are dealt with as quickly as possible.
· Ensure all invoices related to the services are checked, cleared for payment and filed for later use if necessary.
· Assist the Deputy Environment, Portering & Linen Manager with work related improvement projects.
· Compile and provide monthly reports relative to the Trust ERIC and PAM Modules to the Deputy Environment, Portering & Linen Manager.
· Carry out appraisals for direct reports (Portering Supervisors) and ensure all Statuary & Mandatory Training is completed.
· Responsible for recruitment of direct reports.
· Ensure the implementation of protocols relating to Waste Management and Medical Gases across the Site are adhered to at all times
· Ensure the day to day deliveries of the various Facilities Functions across the site are duly completed in a timely and efficient manner and within budgets.
Ensure there are effective processes and system in place for the management of annual leave across all services
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy