Northallerton, North Yorkshire
7.76 £ - 8.17 £ / Hour
· Job type
· External Reference
Hospitality, Tourism and Travel
Are you looking for an exciting role with a company who will truly value you and offers an exciting working atmosphere?
Do you want to be part of a team that works together to deliver a truly magical customer experience?
Purpose of the Role:
To prepare meals from the daily menu, managing kitchen supplies, and checking and maintaining equipment. To assist the Chef Manager or Assistant Chef to ensure the kitchen runs smoothly. To cooperate and work alongside other members of the catering team. To understand the needs of the residents for their likes and dislikes to aid menu development.
Be required to complete all necessary paperwork such as COSHH, HACCP, whilst following company policies and procedures. Occasionally, you will help cater for special events as directed by the Chef Manager or Catering Manager.
Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Ensuring high standards of food quality form point of delivery to meal preparation, cooking and service.
- To ensure all provide a food service that fulfils the needs of all residents and customers.
- To maintain food preparation and to be actively involved with the catering requirements for festivals and special occasions.
- Comply and follow the companies food safety management system (HACCP) (ensuring temperature control records and food labelling are maintained)
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean and hygienic.
- To prepare & produce meals within the scheme, and where necessary and reasonable provide emergency cover for the catering staff.
- Sustain good relationships with all customers, suppliers and contractors.
- To maintain effective communication both within the catering department.
- Understand the prevention and control of infection, food hygiene, COSHH, Health and Safety and Fire Safety and the correct wearing of PPE.
- Understand company policy on security and maintenance of the catering and dining area.
If this sounds like the next opportunity for you, APPLY NOW!
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.