£ 20000 - £ 25000 / Year
Accountancy & Finance - AAT
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
Adecco are working exclusively with rapidly growing employer based in Penrith.
We are seeking a highly organised and committed individual, with high attention to detail to join our clients Finance team.
If you are looking to join a successful business who offer progression within this could be the role for you.
The ideal candidate will be fully or part qualified AAT however qualified by experience will be considered, our client would also be happy for the qualification to be finished alongside work.
Expectations & Tasks:
· Reconcile the bank - daily
· Reconcile the credit card statements ensuring supporting paperwork is obtained and correct VAT treatment applied - monthly
· Submission and payments of CIS returns by relevant deadlines
· Issue monthly statements showing payments and CIS deductions
· Process fortnightly/monthly subcontractor applications for payments - ensuring correct labour/material spilt when appropriate
· Set up new subcontractors on CM retrieving relevant info from HMRC and ensuring correct status is recorded
· Issue payments certs after payments to subcontractors that detail the CIS deductions made
· Ensue subcontractors insurances are kept up to date
· Ensure QMS sheets are included on subcontractor application before processing payment
· Preparation of monthly management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations, WIP calculations
· Nominal coding review and variance analysis with Commercial Department
· Responsibility for purchase ledger (review creditors for negative balances etc.)
· Prepare cash flow forecast information
· Process completion statements in Sage
Skills & Experience:
· AAT Qualification preferred
· Technically strong with high levels of attention to detail
· Strong organisation and analytical skills
· The ability to work to tight deadlines
· High attention to accuracy
What they offer:
· £20,000 - £25,000 dependant on exp.
· 00am - 17.00pm
· Free parking
· 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
· Pension & other Excellent benefits
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy