London, Greater London
Office and Secretarial - Administrator
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Administrator - Higher Education
Our client, based in higher education are looking to recruit an administrator to support the administration of the Centre for Academic English and in particular, the College's English Language assessment, the 2019 Presessional English programme and preparations for the autumn term 2019.
You will be working within a busy and dynamic environment who provides insessional and pre-sessional academic English language courses to the College's international students.
· Location: Central London
· Pay: £15.43 per hour
· Duration: December 2019
· Type: Temporary
· Start Date: ASAP
· Support staff and student inductions (for 12-week, 6-week and 3-week courses)
· Respond to Pre-sessional student queries, via email and in person
· Process on-going course applications and registrations and track and update student progress in Excel workbooks
· Take responsibility for room readiness and security access
· Provide administrative support to presessional teachers as required
· Manage assessment bookings and student correspondence
· Prepare papers and invigilate assessments
· Scan and file completed assessment papers
· Using mail merge, prepare marking cover sheets for the teaching team
· Scan and file marked assessment papers
· Enter marks and course recommendations to the PhD spreadsheet
· Contact students and departments with marks and course recommendations
· Prepare online booking forms for all in seasonal autumn term courses
· Order brochures and other items for the annual College Welcome event
· Respond to student queries
· A systematic, detail oriented approach is essential
· Good organisational and interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Enjoyment of working in a diverse, international environment
· Advanced working knowledge of Windows applications (Excel in particular)
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy