London, Greater London
£ 13.79 - £ 15.73 / Hour
Public Sector - Public Sector Administration
· Job type
Education and Childcare
· External Reference
· To act as first point of contact for administration enquiries by phone, email or in person, giving an appropriate response where possible, or redirecting as necessary.
· To be responsible for communicating administration updates to the department using the most appropriate communication method.
· To take notes and minutes for departmental and management meetings as required, ensuring up-to-date and accurate documents are circulated in the most appropriate format.
Teamwork and Motivation
· To work as part of a team, supporting other team members and liaising with colleagues.
· To take part in arranged training and team meetings.
· To provide basic assistance to colleagues in using departmental systems, including the annual leave records system.
· To act as a supportive and proactive member of the Administration team, assisting colleagues during busy periods where necessary.
· To coordinate booking and recording training for staff.
· To work independently to carry out general and ad hoc administrative tasks as and when required.
· To assist colleagues across the department with writing documents such as job adverts and content for School publications by acting as a proof-reader.
· To develop induction materials and deliver induction programmes for new staff.
Planning and Organising Resources
· To manage the supply and distribution of departmental consumables, including all stationery, CDs and DVDs, photocopier supplies and printing paper.
· To organise departmental meetings.
Initiative and Problem Solving
· To troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise, for example, liaising with colleagues across the School to book resources and using diary management skills to coordinate departmental meetings.
· To work with the Administration Team to identifying and implementing methods of streamlining administrative processes.
Knowledge and Experience
· To have the knowledge and skills required to provide administrative support to a large department.
· To have a working knowledge of policies and procedures and service level definitions.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy