Lewes, East Sussex
· Job type
· External Reference
Carry out general office duties and administrative tasks as directed e.g. filing, photocopying, date stamping documents, preparing spreadsheets, obtaining information, contributing to reports and returns and dealing with routine correspondence.
2. Maintain records and systems for designated service, accurately inputting and retrieving data as required and ensure that entries are kept up to date. Scan requisition forms and file them efficiently in line with departmental requirements.
3. To be a point of contact for queries from County Council staff and customers including suppliers and providers and provide a high standard of customer service to ensure that queries are resolved satisfactorily and within a reasonable timescale.
4. Provide flexible support to other colleagues across the service.
5. To ensure data protection and data transit policies are strictly adhered to, raising any concerns with your manager
6. To input all requisitions, purchase orders and goods receipts received by the County Council on behalf of all departments in accordance with the benchmark target.
7. Validate all requests to create new vendor records and ensure that the correct vendors are used for the appropriate category of spend. Alert manager immediately should a vendor be requested which does not adhere to the corporate procurement strategy.
8. Ensure all supplier invoices are paid by their due date. This will involve contacting our suppliers and various contacts within the County Council in relation to queries arising from the requisitions, purchase orders and goods receipts.
9. Ensure that all requests to action a goods receipt and service entry is supported by the relevant approval in accordance with best practice and financial regulations.
10. Resolve queries from external and internal customers relating to requisitions, purchase orders and goods receipts.
11. Run reports to identify discrepancies with the GR/IR and liaise with purchasing and finance colleagues to resolve, run the undelivered/outstanding purchase orders report and chase the requisitioner.
12. To understand the requirements of the Business Services Quality Management System and to contribute to its maintenance. Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.