London, Greater London
Education & Childcare - Education Administration
· Job type
Education and Childcare
· External Reference
· Preparing induction materials for new staff, and maintaining induction records and liaising with Line managers.
· Providing regular updates to Current Staffing Position documentation & maintaining HR documentation, as required.
· Ensuring that organisational charts are updated and accurate for presentation at monthly Library Management team meetings, using Visio software.
· Applying for Ancillary cards and preparing induction materials for temporary staff and work placements and liaising with School security regarding updates for staff access
· Supporting effective day to day administration and processing of requests for staff through the My Options time & attendance online system, including training new staff
· Processing staff sickness absence records on My Options and producing reports when required
· Responding to staff queries in person, email and telephone
· Supporting Library recruitment on the School's HR systems to support Library Managers with the e-recruitment system, working in close liaison with HR and Library Departmental Manager to resolve queries.
· Providing administrative support to the Library Leadership Team and Departmental Manager to include diary support, meeting organisation, room and refreshment booking
· Providing day to day administrative support for Library staff through arranging travel bookings, maintaining and ordering stationery supplies, health and safety checks, and other duties appropriate to the role.
· Providing support for a range of meetings to ensure appropriate arrangements/service and management of agendas, presentations and taking notes to produce draft minutes as required .
· Adding new starters to the Library's SharePoint system and to the Bulletin lists
· Contributing to the work of the Library Training and Development Team by supporting training events, compiling and maintaining training and development records, reporting on training and development activity and evaluation as required,.
· Undertake Business Continuity responsibilities relevant to the role and maintain staff contact details in respect of this, reviewing quarterly
· Respond effectively and professionally to a range of enquiries from colleagues and external customers, providing information and appropriate signposting as required.
· Provide support to line managers in respect of the Library's staff time and attendance systems.
· Work closely with colleagues in Administration Services to ensure a joined up service and provide cover as required.
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
Evidence of excellent IT skills and experience of a range of software applications.
Experience of setting up and maintaining general office systems - e.g. personnel records, recruitment files etc.
Experience of working in a customer service environment.
Experience of working in a Human Resources or Personnel team.
Experience of working in a cultural heritage, higher education or research environment.
Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and act with respect and diplomacy.
Able to produce management reports from a variety of software applications.
Demonstrated ability to communicate with staff at all levels and service users.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others as part of a team.
Demonstrated skills in negotiating with, and supporting people in other teams to ensure work is delivered to a specific standard.
Self-starter with high level of motivation and ability to use initiative effectively
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy