Accountancy & Finance - Finance Assistant
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE/ RECEIVABLE OFFICER
MONDAY- FRIDAY 9AM- 5PM
3 MONTH ASSIGNMENT
£11.11 HOURLY RATE
This role will be working within the Shared Finance Service team with an aim to maximise the daily income collection and enforcement process to both Councils through effective, responsive processing activity. This will include the billing, collection and recovery of sundry debt, Adult Social care and housing benefit over payments in line with legislations.
There may be a requirement of this role to work across two locations with a view to moving to one location at a later stage being either London Borough of Sutton or Royal Borough of Kingston.
Main Duties will include:
· Collecting income from Sales orders raised by both councils in line with agreed business processes.
· Liaise with Customers and their representatives, external and internal stakeholders to effectively resolve enquires and provide advice and assistance.
· Actively monitor unpaid accounts and process cases referred for write off or to the Legal Debt recovery lead.
· Production and checking of data
· Submission of claims and appropriate documentation in respect of insolvency matters.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Experience of working in Credit control environment or Finance environment.
· experience of working in a customer faced environment.
· Ability to monitor and calculate payments
· Ability to deal with members of the public in a sympathetic and tactful manner.
*Please apply online with your CV. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy