London, Greater London
Accountancy & Finance - Accounts Assistant
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
Do you have Accounts Payable processing or other operational finance processing experience and are you seeing a role in one of the UK's most respected charities?
Our client are seeking an Expenditure Assistant whose role would entail processing expenditure items in an efficient and controlled manner to ensure payment is made promptly. Providing administrative support across the Expenditure team. In addition you would be asked to respond to internal and external queries promptly and effectively.
· Location: Vauxhall
· Pay: £12.81 per hour
· Hours: 34.5, Monday-Friday
· Start Date: ASAP
· End Date: 20/09/2019
· Ensure all financial documents are registered into the finance system, including the resolution of any exceptions preventing this. To include standard invoices from suppliers, volunteer expenses and grant awards for Self Help & Support and "in funding" professionals.
· Perform all system administration tasks, including data cleansing and the creation and maintenance of supplier records and support of regional teams to ensure grant stream data is accurate.
· Respond to general queries via post, phone and email, including monitoring all the mailboxes that the Expenditure team is responsible for. This will includes queries on invoices, expenses and grants.
· Receive, distribute and action all incoming post for Expenditure.
· Take part in the monthly confirmation of service process for our "in funding" professionals including monthly mail out, payment processing and query resolution.
· Assist with the employee expenses system.
· Assist with the processing of purchase orders and ensuring goods and services are receipted on the system once received.
· Assist with Cheque and BACS payment runs to agreed schedules.
· Perform filing, archiving, and destroying of physical invoices as required, and filing and maintaining other relevant documentation and records.
· Team administration tasks and providing support to the Expenditure Officers.
· Assist the wider Expenditure team with any ad-hoc requirements.
· Understanding of accounting principles and Accounts Payable.
· Good IT skills, including MS Excel.
· Working knowledge of the basic VAT rules relating to expenditure in a charitable organisation.
If you think this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy