Accountancy & Finance - Accounts Assistant
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
Our client is a tour operator and they are looking for an accounts assistant.
The role will be to assist the Management Accountant, by covering the following duties:
· Setting up new Debtors/Agents on their CRM system - entering all contact information emailing consultant to notify them of the account code.
· Setting up new Creditors/Suppliers their CRM system - entering all contact information, set up service lines as requested by the operations team for the services we will be using with the supplier. Email consultant to notify them of the account code.
· Checking Supplier invoices - addressed to the correct companies house, Group Reference number add consultant's code, suppliers account code add any missing contact details on to the suppliers account, highlighting banking details ensuring that all relevant information is provided, if not contact the supplier straight away so that payment is not delayed.
· Entering Supplier invoices on their CRM system and identifying if immediate payment is required, pro-forma or if credit terms apply.
· Raise payments on the system and pass them for approval to the Management Accountant. Once approved raise payments on the bank and email remittance advices to the supplier to inform them that payment is on its way.
· Investigate/Resolve supplier invoice queries with either the booking consultant in our operations team or directly with the supplier either by email or phone.
· Raising weekly Supplier payments, emailing remittance advices, requesting any missing banking details for new suppliers, filing payments and bank paperwork.
· Reconciling Supplier statements - investigating any differences.
· Chasing Hotels for VAT invoices for Groups paid on a pro-forma basis once the group has departed.
· Debtor/Agents bank receipts and credit card transactions, checking the banks regularly, processing any receipts or credit card transactions and notifying Ops consultant when funds are received /charged and enter the transactions on the Agents account on their CRM system.
· Opening the Post - sorting into categories - invoices - statements - other, distributing personal addressed post to the relevant person
· Filing and other ad-hoc duties as required.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy