Waltham Abbey, Essex
£ 24000 - £ 25000 / Year
Accountancy & Finance - Accounts Assistant
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
Location: Waltham Abbey
Salary/Rate: £24,000 - £25,000 per annum.
Type: Permanent, full time (Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 5:30pm)
Adecco Harlow are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join our award winning, prestigious client based in Waltham Abbey. Our client is looking for someone who has previous work experience with CIS and subcontractor payments as well as good communication skills.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Obtaining information from various departments of the business in order to check and verify payments to utility companies
· Manage utility bills for all the company's sites, including plots which are either built and handed over to housing association and sold to the general public
· Inputting information into excel spreadsheets
· Raising payments within the accounting system
· Inputting invoices accurately and quickly
· Matching the invoices to delivery notes and purchase orders, so they can be approved for payments
· Solving invoice queries, including internal staff and external suppliers
Person Specification: (skills, knowledge and experience required)
· Experience in working in an accounts department
· Previous experience with CIS and subcontractor payments
· Be happy to work alone and to always be self-motivated
· Good telephone manner
· Good level of knowledge regarding excel spreadsheets
· Can communicate with others effectively
· Experience with Integrity Mardak accounting system would be desirable, (although training will be provided)
Accounts / Purchase Ledger / Accounts Assistant / Credit Controller / Accounts Payable /
We regret that due to volume of response, we can only contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Adecco is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. The Adecco group is a global company w ith more than 33,000 FTE employees and around 5,100 branches in over 60 countries and territories around the world. The Adecco Group offers a wide variety of services that include temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition and talent development, as well as outsourcing and consulting.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy