London, Greater London
Accountancy & Finance - AAT
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
Accounts Assistant/Financial Controller
Location: Moorgate, London
Salary/Rate: £30,000 per annum
Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (with flexibility)
Adecco London are currently recruiting for a UK leading Charity based near Moorgate. The successful candidate will be solely responsible for carrying out the efficient and accurate processing of financial transactions including purchase ledger, sales ledger, cash book as well as supporting legacy administration, and restricted fund reporting.
This fast-paced position will offer full autonomy, great benefits and will be based in a modern, relaxed working environment with a dress down culture and flexible working hour approach. This role would be best suited to someone with similar not for profit experience and the ability to work independently.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· To carry out the efficient and accurate processing of financial transactions including purchase ledger, sales ledger, cash book as well as supporting legacy administration, and restricted fund reporting. To ensure the smooth running and administration of the Trust's accounts.
· Prepare month end reconciliations for key ledgers
· Prepare quarterly management reports for Trustees' Meetings
· Makes recommendations on new/improving financial procedures and systems
· To be responsible for the processing of all cash receipts and incoming funds. Ensuring appropriate accounting procedures are carried out with relations to entries between donor database, bank accounts, nominal ledger journal entries and bank reconciliation. To balance monthly accounts and produce necessary reports
· To be responsible for all payments including authorised expenses/petty cash, salaries - payroll, PAYE, pension and National Insurance. This will include making appropriate journal entries. To monitor the standing order processing system
· To administer the payment of UK and overseas grants with reference to budgetary agreements and maintain detailed records.
· To manage all payments in foreign currencies ensuring that appropriate currencies are available when necessary and all records are maintained
· To be responsible, with the support of the Honorary Treasurer, for the management of the investments and cash flow of the charity
· To assist the Chief Executive and the Honorary Treasurer with the development of annual budgets, rolling forecasts, long term financial planning including reserve and fund management
· To advise the CEO on financial matters for the charity in relation to tax planning, SORP2 and compliance with statutory regulation
· To share in general office duties including the opening and distribution of incoming mail and undertake general administrative duties including, word processing, filing and photocopying if required
Ideal candidate and personal qualities:
· Charity Finance, small or medium size organisation
· Monthly payroll
· Management reports
· Working independently in a small team
· Friendly and energetic person
· Continuous improver; always looking to improve systems and procedures
· Able to demonstrate ability to prioritise their own work and to deliver on competing deadlines
· Company Secretary/Administrator experience is highly desirable
We regret that due to volume of response, we can only contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Adecco is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. The Adecco group is a global company with more than 33,000 FTE employees and around 5,100 branches in over 60 countries and territories around the world.
The Adecco Group offers a wide variety of services that include temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition and talent development, as well as outsourcing and consulting.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy