London, Greater London
Accountancy & Finance - Accounts Assistant
· Job type
Hospitality, Tourism and Travel
· External Reference
· All aspects of purchase ledger from setting up suppliers, scanning invoices, certifying for payment and posting to the ledger using image matching processing for UK and Foreign suppliers.
· Reconciliation of supplier accounts to statements identifying outstanding items.
· Liaise with suppliers and departments about overdue payments to bring these matters to a swift conclusion.
· Review, monitor and check all submitted documents to ensure that payments are made in accordance with Inland Revenue requirements.
· Raise manual cheques and CHAPS as required.
· Issue petty cash for all sites, including staff advances and returns and maintaining the electronic petty cash book.
· Administrate the procurement card process, dealing with enquires for circa 160 users, updating the journey input file and reconciling on a monthly basis.
· Administrate the employee expenses payments dealing with approximately 50 returns a week, scanning and posting to the accounting system.
· Set up cheque or BACS payment runs ensuring appropriate paperwork supports all transactions.
· Process journeys as necessary including intercompany purchasing.
· All aspects of sales ledger from raising invoices, banking cash and cheques, posting receipts and dealing with enquires from internal and external customers.
· Ensure that invoice registered are correctly posted.
· Processing of daily income transactions for the Membership and Ticketing (MTS) of operations.
· Processing of daily income transactions for the Development department updating their Raiser's Edge database as required.
· Month end responsibilities to include journals and control account reconciliations for income.
· Process daily bank transactions into the ledgers to ensure records are up to date.
· Raise paperwork for bank transfers and ensure that these are signed.
· Maintain bank statement filing and liaise with banks as necessary on day to day matters.
· Attend the bank as required for replenishment of petty cash or advances.
· Offer a high level of customer service to resolve enquiries from customer, suppliers and internal staff.
· Administer the electronic invoicing system including answering queries from staff. training new users and ensuring paper and electronic records are kept up to date.
· Check the accounts email inbox and respond to emails in a timely manner, including processing any invoices received electronically.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy