London, Greater London
Accountancy & Finance - Accounts Assistant
· Job type
· External Reference
· All aspects of purchase ledger from setting up suppliers, scanning invoices, certifying for payment and posting to the ledger using image matching processing for UK and Foreign suppliers.
· Reconciliation of supplier accounts to statements identifying outstanding items.
· Liaise with suppliers and departments about overdue payments to bring these matters to a swift conclusion.
· Review, monitor and check all submitted documents to ensure that payments are made in accordance with Inland Revenue requirements.
· Raise manual cheques and CHAPS as required.
· Issue petty cash for all sites, including staff advances and returns and maintaining the electronic petty cash book.
· Administrate the procurement card process, dealing with enquires for circa 160 users, updating the journey input file and reconciling on a monthly basis.
· Administrate the employee expenses payments dealing with approximately 50 returns a week, scanning and posting to the accounting system.
· Set up cheque or BACS payment runs ensuring appropriate paperwork supports all transactions.
· Process journeys as necessary including intercompany purchasing.
· All aspects of sales ledger from raising invoices, banking cash and cheques, posting receipts and dealing with enquires from internal and external customers.
· Ensure that invoice registered are correctly posted.
· Processing of daily income transactions for the Membership and Ticketing (MTS) of operations.
· Processing of daily income transactions for the Development department updating their Raiser's Edge database as required.
· Month end responsibilities to include journals and control account reconciliations for income.
· Process daily bank transactions into the ledgers to ensure records are up to date.
· Raise paperwork for bank transfers and ensure that these are signed.
· Maintain bank statement filing and liaise with banks as necessary on day to day matters.
· Attend the bank as required for replenishment of petty cash or advances.
· Offer a high level of customer service to resolve enquiries from customer, suppliers and internal staff.
· Administer the electronic invoicing system including answering queries from staff. training new users and ensuring paper and electronic records are kept up to date.
· Check the accounts email inbox and respond to emails in a timely manner, including processing any invoices received electronically.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.