Coventry, West Midlands
· Job type
· External Reference
Banking and Financial Services
Our client works with Motor Manufacture's, Insurance Brokers and Motor Dealerships, to sell and administer Warranty and Associated products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Purchase Ledger, administration of all self-funded accounts and their reconciliations and other administrative duties ensuring deadlines are met in an effective and efficient manner.
1. Ensure monthly management accounts are produced within company deadlines, including the preparation and input of monthly journals for accruals, prepayments, and depreciation.
2. Check monthly reconciliations of key control accounts and agree balances to the nominal ledger.
3. Reconcile bespoke reporting system to Sage 200, investigating and resolving differences.
4. Reconcile inter-company accounts and transfer balances as appropriate.
5. Assist in the preparation of Year End Accounts for the Group & assist in the External Audit.
6. Reconcile currency bank accounts at the end of each month to balance exchange rates.
1. Responsible for the Purchase Ledger, ensuring invoices are coded, authorised and entered correctly onto Sage.
2. Prepare payment schedules bi-weekly and ad hoc payments as they fall due.
3. Review existing supplier arrangements and source new cost effective suppliers where appropriate.
4. Ensure purchase ledger agrees back to purchase ledger nominal account in Sage (monthly).
5. Identify and investigate credit balance on purchase ledger
6. Process employee expenses in accordance with company policy.
7. Maintain company car records.
8. Liaise with current mobile phone provider to resolve equipment and billing issues. Distributing itemised bills to employees on a monthly basis.
9. Reconcile company credit cards in accordance with company policy. Distribute itemised bills to employees on a monthly basis.
1. Prepare and reconcile monthly invoicing. Summarise any unusual transactions and reference back to Help Desk ticket or emails as appropriate.
2. Identify and make payments.
3. Prepare summary of outstanding invoices
4. Reconcile summary of insurances invoices to Sage.
1. To identify slow payers and take the required action to obtain payment through all available communication mediums liaising with both the client & the relevant Account Manager to resolve any instances of delinquent debt.
2. Prepare Sales Ledger reports for use by Account Management & Internal Group reporting.
** The successful candidate will have used Sage 200 before and is AAT Qualified or equivalent. Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.