18000 £ - 22000 £ / Year
· Job type
· External Reference
Banking and Financial Services
An opportunity has arisen to join an established company, based in a small and pleasant office with two other accounts staff. Running a busy desk with mainly sales ledger activities with lots of liaison with customers and colleagues both in accounts and other departments.
Duties will include:
* Responsible for Sales ledger function of the accounts department
* Ensuring that payments of debts are progressed by telephone and email to minimise overdue accounts and to exception report any troublesome debtors.
* Maintaining the credit insurance system on individual debts
* Monitoring credit limits and reviewing when required
* Posting of daily cash to the sales ledger from various sources including downloading from bank accounts, taking credit card and Paypal payments.
* Produce daybooks for the previous day's transactions
* Receiving payments directly into bank (Euro, USD and sterling), by credit card and by cheque * * Credit release of orders to the despatch queue
* Review credit limits, including maintenance of credit insurance per customer accounts
* Process new credit applications
* Organise and post printed invoices
* Various administration tasks
* Helping out with purchase ledger on busy occasions and other duties as required
The ideal candidate will possess relevant sales ledger or credit control experience, have a strong attention to detail and the ability to pitch in where necessary
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.