Overview of duties
'• Welcomes guests who arrive late and takes care of them until their departure
• Contributes to guest satisfaction by providing a high standard of service in line with norms and procedures
• Is responsible for the hotel once the daytime managers are off duty
• Helps the department meet its quantitative and qualitative targets
• Ensures the safety of property and people'
'• Provides a warm and personalised welcome to guests
• Anticipates guests' needs and takes them into consideration
• Handles any guest complaints and/or remarks
• Conveys the hotel image'
Professional techniques / Production
'• Takes care of the arrival and departure processes for guests, ensuring they take as little time as possible
• Informs guests about the formalities, any special conditions relating to their stay and the services available
• Handles phone calls and manages the reservation schedule
• Follows up any customer requests (wake-up calls, taxi, breakfast room service etc)
• Writes a report on activities and incidents that occur during the night
• Ensures that guest documentation at reception and in the lobby is available and up-to-date'
Commercial / Sales
'• Promotes the hotel's range of services in order to increase sales
• Applies and actively supports the hotel's pricing policy
• Encourages customer loyalty by promoting the brand and/or Group loyalty programme (A/Club,...)
• Encourages synergy within the marketplace by applying the inter-hotel coordination policy'
Management and administration
'• Respects the procedures governing invoicing and cash operations
• Is responsible for the reception's cash holdings
• Establishes the closing and nightly activity reports for hotel management '
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
'• Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy
• Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire, night patrols, closure of the accesses, etc)
• Respects the hotel's commitments to the ''Environment Charter'' (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)'
Mercure and its people
Hotels with individuality, passion for service and committed to quality and guest satisfaction.
Join a team of warm and friendly professionals who will share their love for hospitality.
Level of Education Did not graduate
Areas of study Hospitality
Professional experiences 1 to 2 years
Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements