Overview of duties
'• Organises the F&B point of sale under his/her responsibility
• Ensures guest satisfaction and high standards of service for customers
• Manages and motivates the team to develop the sales and the quality of the services
• Helps increase the restaurant's revenue through his/her sales actions
• Ensures Elements standards are met '
'• Ensures guests are well looked after, from their arrival through to their departure
• Enquires whether guests are satisfied throughout the meal
• Offers attentive service to guests, adapting to any constraints
• Is attentive to the comments of customers and ensures the follow-up
• Ensures respect of brand commitments (e.g. Elements Standards)
• Conveys the image of the hotel'
Professional techniques / Production
'• Organises and checks the team's work
• Ensures information is properly passed on to the team (briefings and debriefings with kitchen staff etc)
• Organizes the implementations according to the forecasts of activity
• Ensures equipment is used correctly
• Takes the global level of activity into account when managing the flow of guests, placement at tables and reservations'
'• Develops the motivation and the support of his/her teams by creating a good working climate
• Participates in the recruitments
• Applies labour legislation
• Integrates, trains and facilitates the development of the skills of his/her employees
• Ensures his/her staff are well presented (clothing, personal hygiene etc)
• Ensures smooth coordination between the restaurant and the kitchen'
Commercial / Sales
'• Offers suggestions and advice to guests regarding the different services available
• Increases revenue for the point of sale through additional sales techniques
• Helps increase guest loyalty through quality of service
• Makes live the commercial plan in his/her service
• Analyzes customers comments and shares them with his/her team'
Management and administration
'• Organises work and modifies headcount according to level of activity
• Shares the responsibility for meeting the department's targets with his/her superior, by:
- respecting the procedures and internal audits personally applicable
- ensuring respect of the procedures and internal audits applicable to the team
- increasing sales
• Takes part in inventories and manages stocks under his/her responsibility
• Analyses results and implements corrective actions as necessary'
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
'• Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy and the safety of consumable goods by always respecting HACCP regulations
• Respects the instructions and safety guidelines for the equipment used
• Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
• Respects the hotel's commitments to the ''Environment Charter'' (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)'
Reports to the Food & Beverage Manager
At Novotel, we grow faster
Feel fully responsible, be autonomous, adaptable, professional, have a love of adventure and a desire to stretch your limits: that’s the Novotel spirit .
An international brand with a network of 400 hotels in 60 countries, Novotel’s success is due to the professionalism and enthusiasm of its 30 000 employees who have been embodying the brand’s ideals for over 40 years.
DNA of the brand, innovation is at the heart of the promise made to employees: "At Novotel, we grow faster" . To transform this promise into reality, Novotel has implemented a unique human resources policy declined around five main professional career paths. Novotel accompanies each employee throughout their career. Integration, geographic mobility, bridging provision, skills development… everyone is given the opportunity to progress quickly and go further. Impossible is not Novotel.
Watch the video