Building Operator/Equipment Mechanic Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, our approach to Human Resources begins with selecting the best candidates to join our global team of service professionals committed to turning moments into memories for our guests. As a member of our Engineering team your passion, strong technical skills and engaging interpersonal skills will provide the service standards needed for the Department to operate effectively and efficiently according to Fairmont policies and procedures.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Facilities Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
· Demonstrate Fairmont core values in all interactions
· Plan, implement and monitor an effective Preventative Maintenance Programme of commercial refrigeration, cooking and warewashing and laundry equipment
· Demonstrate knowledge and experience repairing all kitchen commercial kitchen equipment i.e. refrigerators/freezers walk-in and reach-in, hoods, dish machines, gas and electric stoves, ranges, convection ovens, hot cabinets, steam tables, and milk coolers.
· Demonstrate knowledge and experience repairing and maintaining laundry equipment i.e. washers, driers, extractors, condensers, pumps, blowers and presses
· Ensure all physical operations including refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, plumbing, water treatment, and electric systems are clean and maintained
· Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions
· Dismantle and reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs
· Develop and manage an effective inventory control process
· Ensure that collaborative working relationships are established and maintained with relevant vendors
· Assist with the preparation, successful implementation and execution of the annual maintenance budget, capital plan and strategic projects
· Ensure the hotel complies with all Government regulations pertaining to building code requirements, health, fire and life safety programmes
· •Ensure prompt and/or immediate response to maintenance requests from our guests, colleagues and management of the Hotel
· Actively participate in the hotel’s energy management, occupational health & safety and environmental programmes
· Follow and ensure compliance with all corporate, hotel and departmental policies and procedures
· Participate in hotel committees
· Strict adherence to all Health & Safety training, guidelines and work practices previous, during and following an epidemic (whether local or global) that are established by Accor, local government, international bodies including the World Health Organization (WHO) and Center for disease control (CDC).
· Perform any other duties, tasks, and assignments within your department as required.
· At least 4 years previous experience in a mechanical repair position is required; experience in a luxury hotel or large scale environment is preferred
· Demonstrated strong mechanical aptitude is required, a Degree/diploma in Engineering, Building Management , Mechanics or appliance trade certification is strongly preferred
· A 4th Class Power Engineering is strongly preferred
· Proven experience in troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing commercial grade large-scale appliances is required
· Proven record for technical judgment and effectively managing complex equipment or projects
· Ability to read, understand and interpret Engineering and Building Blue Prints is required
· Superior organizational, project management, analytical and problem solving skills is required
· Demonstrated knowledge of all regulations such as building codes, fire and health department requirements
· Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement and awareness of cutting edge commercial grade equipment and related technologies
· Working knowledge of MS Office programmes and general computing literacy is required
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
· Walking, standing, bending, pushing and pulling anywhere from 2 – 6 hours a day.
· Requires constant repetitive motion.
· Environmental stress is high – work in extreme weather conditions, high noise level and utilize hazardous machinery.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work and reside in Bermuda.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!