Description du poste
3M is seeking a Technical Aide for the Corporate Research Materials Lab l ocated inMaplewood, MN.Here, you go.
Job Summary :
This particular position is a temporary, part-time assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in Maplewood, MN, you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The person hired for the position of Technical Aide will have the opportunity to work with the Corporate Research Materials Laboratory to develop, characterize, and test new materials applicable towards new products and processes across 3M.
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Sample preparation
· Curing of resins
· Preparation of fiber reinforced composites
· Data collection using various equipment
· Mechanical testing
· Thermogravimetric analysis (TGA)
· Data analysis and reporting
This position part-time, temporary and is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
· Completed at least one (1) semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
· Currently enrolled or graduated from a Bachelor’s level degree program at an accredited university with a major in material science, chemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related discipline
· At least sophomore year college standing (minimum 3 semesters of university curriculum)
· Current overall cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
· Experience with the Microsoft suite of computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and database tools, development and manipulation
· Internship or other work experience in a laboratory environment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Self-motivated and results-oriented
Location: Maplewood, MN
Relocation: Is not authorized
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems atwww.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly towww.3m.com/careers .
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).