Zodiac Aerospace is a global leader in aircraft equipments and embedded systems offering solutions for Commercial, Regional and Business Aircrafts, as well as Helicopters. Zodiac Aerospace also is a major actor in aircraft safety. Located in more than 18 countries worldwide, the group count up 35.000 employees spread on a hundred sites worldwide, contributing to a €5 billion. Zodiac Aerospace offers a wide range of technologies throughout 3 different activities: Zodiac Aerosystems, Zodiac Cabin and Zodiac Seats.
The Engineered Materials division of Zodiac Aerospace, located in Newport, A is recruiting for a Production Supervisor for the Winder Dept. .We are a fast-paced, widely diverse and pro-active aerospace manufacturer. Zodiac Aerospace thrives on the initiative, sound judgment and integrity of the employees. We pride ourselves on the quality of our product, flexibility and on time delivery. These qualities have made us a world class organization that is prepared to meet the high standards set by the aerospace industry. The Winder Dept is responsible for producing graphite skins that are used as structural components in mostly aerospace applications.
Position Duties/Job Description: will include but are not limited to: Supervisor direct reports in performing daily job duties and execute department production schedules and work flow.
· Ensure production output meets schedule (customer demand).
· Manage personnel issues, hiring, motivating, disciplinary actions, schedules and approving timecards.
· Interface with management, planning, purchasing, inventory control, other department supervisors, quality assurance, maintenance and engineering regarding issues affecting department.
· Create and maintain static plans, equipment operating instructions, JST documentation and work instructions.
· Develop, train, enforce and improve on standard work.
· Develop, train, enforce and improve visual management tools at shop floor.
· Develop personnel to reach their full potential: set expectations and hold accountable; specifically those in lead and leadership positions.
· Participate in and lead / teach operational improvement activities including (but not limited to): regular and mini kaizen events, problem solving workshops, 5-S workshops, introduction to Lean, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be available to work overtime as required.
· Forklift certification and operation will be required.
Experience/Qualifications/Skills Desired :
· High School Diploma/GED.
· 2+ years relevant, steady work history preferred.
· Prior manufacturing experience is preferred.
· Be able to understand and follow procedures and practices established by specification.
· Be able to learn and apply all requirements established by Zodiac Aerospace.
· Follow all Human Resource, EHS and company policies.
· Computer skills including: basic ERP skills, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Be able to train / teach various concepts to a diverse audience.
· Must be able to communicate in a professional manner; both verbally and in writing.
Zodiac Aerospace requires a criminal background check and drug screen to be completed and passed for all positions.
Zodiac Aerospace is a federal contractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act.
Zodiac Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our application process as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at 360-653-2600.